Commonly known as:
- Old Ladies' Hatpin
- Pink baby-breath
- Jewels of Opar
|Jewels of Opar do very well in containers indoors in a sunny window|
|Small pinkish-red flowers on wiry stems|
- Easy care succulent from the Southwest
- Well suited for indoors with adequate bright light.
- A tender perennial with wiry flower stalks topped by a spray of bright pink flowers and ruby-like seedpods.
- Has a tuberous Ginseng-like root,
- Drought tolerant. Likes a well drained soil. No soggy or flooded soils.
- Chronic over watering can kill the plant, let the soil dry.
- Fertilize at one-third strength during the growing season.
In this novel Tarzan returns to Opar, a lost colony of fabled Atlantis